Team SNAP!
Welcome SNAP team member!
Please login or register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Team SNAP!
Welcome SNAP team member!
Please login or register.
Team SNAP!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

April 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

How to Upload Images

Go down

How to Upload Images Empty How to Upload Images

Post by TomRobinson Mon Mar 23, 2015 10:56 am

This forum is uses an image hosting service called ServImg, so you upload your image to that service via the Host button and then insert it via the Insert button. Alternatively, if you want to post an image that is already posted online somewhere, all you have to do is click the Insert button and provide the URL where the image is posted. Here is what the Host and Insert buttons look like:

How to Upload Images Clipbo10

Here's how each process works:

Uploading an image from your hard drive:

1) Click on the Host button. The forum will display the ServImg upload dialog box. If you have not yet created a ServImg account, you will need to do so. Once you have, you will never have to log in again to access it from the forum, but it's wise to remember your login credentials because that enables you to log in to servimg.com from anywhere to see and reuse the images you have uploaded. (I used the same password I used for the forum itself to make it easier to remember.)

2) Click on the "Browse" button and navigate to the image you want to upload. Enter a size to resize the image if you wish. (Very large images can take longer to load.)

3) Click the "Host It" button. When the photo has uploaded, a box will pop up with a list of links in various formats. All of them point to the image you just uploaded. Select the link labeled "Direct Links" (second from the top), right-click on it, and then choose "Copy" from the menu that pops up.

4) Close the ServImg upload box and click on the Insert Image button. (Again, see the attached jpeg for reference.) A dialog box will pop up. Right click in the field labeled "URL" and choose "Paste" from the menu that pops up.

5) Click the "Insert" button and you're done.

Posting an image that is already online:

1) Go to the website that has the image you want to post. Right click on the image and choose "Copy Image Location" from the pop-up menu.

2) Click on the Insert Image button. Right click in the field labeled "URL" and choose "Paste" from the menu that pops up.

3) Click the "Insert" button. That's it!
TomRobinson
TomRobinson

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum